To improve the condition of your home and to decrease energy consumption, there is no better way to do so than by insulating your attic. Keeping the law of thermodynamics in mind, you will realize that heat tends to move from hot to cold areas rapidly. Homes that are not insulated can get quite toasty during the summers. You can avoid this predicament by insulating your home and especially your attic. To learn why attic insulation is important and how spray foams can assist in this scenario, read on.
Determining How Much Attic Insulation Is Required
Depending on the type of insulation you choose, insulation is rated by a number that is denoted by their respective thermal barrier. For homes located in areas with a cold climate, it requires an R-49 rating. But those homes in the warm weather in the middle latitudes require an R-40 rating while those in the Gulf States require an R-38 rating.
This measurement is made on the basis of the insulation’s material type and its thickness. Determining the attic insulation rating is not that difficult and can be done with just a ruler. You can measure the depth of the attic insulation and compare the material’s rating to the data of the manufacturer. This can allow you to calculate the R rating quicker than ever before.
Spray Foam Insulation can do a lot of Good
Spray foam insulation has grown quite popular due to the fact that they are an inexpensive way of insulating your home or your attic. The spray is highly effective in covering up any air leakages, you can simply spray them in the desired location and they begin to expand in the cracks or crevices until they are fully sealed. In addition these sprays are fully capable of determining a non-vented attic. They can lower the probability of temperature swings which usually develop within vented attics.
Advantages of Attic Insulation Using Spray Foam Insulation
You may already know that by insulating your home you will be able to cool your home during summers and heat your home during winters effectively. The additional advantages of using spray foam insulation in your Tucson home is :
- It is highly effective at reducing convection. Convection occurs when hot air rises and when cool air goes down. During winters, insulation can help in containing the heat inside your home rather than it rising in the air and then escaping from the attic.
- There is a chance where a warm area is heating up an area that is supposedly a cold spot in your home. The attic is one such place that warms up even though it should remain a cool spot if insulation is in place.
- You will be able to save big on energy bills. You will be able to save anywhere from 20% to 40% in energy bills. This is highly dependent on how effectively the insulation has been set in place. However chances of this happening are quite rare as spray foams are highly effective in sealing any and all leakages.
- The greatest advantage of all is being able to save money on taxes as well. Tax credits are awarded to those who try to conserve energy. For example you are paying $2000 in taxes; you may be awarded up to $700 in tax credit. So you only end up paying $1300 taxes which is a big amount saved in terms of attic insulation.
How to Find the Right Spray Foam Insulation Provider In Tucson AZ
Finding the best provider is highly advised. These providers will ensure proper regulation of air and room temperature through effective insulation. Therefore, you will have to consider the following tips to make sure you get the right spray foam insulation provider by all means necessary.
- You will need to research accordingly and make sure that the provider is reputable. In this case, it is best to go through reviews written by previous and existing customers alike. This will give you a better understanding of the type of company you are dealing with.
- At the same time, it is also a good idea to deal with those companies that have been in business for a long time. Since they have been operating longer than their competitors, they have the expertise and skills that no other provider can offer.
- Determining the credibility of the service provider can be tough. That’s when you will need to make sure you get the right one. You will not want to invest more than already have. To make sure your investment is worthwhile, you can review the work that has been executed by the provider. Additionally, you can also ask them to present you references as this can clarify whether they are trustworthy or not.
Keeping these factors in mind you will understand how important it is for you to insulate your attic. Moreover, you will also be able to effectively insulate your home and attic without having to worry about any leakages in the long run.